Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mountains, monkeys, and magnificent temples - Nech does Springs, Sichuan, Saigon, and Siem Riep

Hey all. I've had quite a few adventures on my last few trips to 1: Guangzhou (formerly known as Canton, southern China's largest city) and nearby natural hot springs; 2: Chengdu (in China's Sichuan province), home of many of the world's remaining giant pandas and several of China's most picturesque mountains; 3: Vietnam, specifically Saigon and nearby island Phu Quoc in the Gulf of Thailand; and on the same trip 4: Siem Riep (in Cambodia), the site of Angkor Wat and the rest of Cambodia's magnificent ancient temple comlexes.

After returning from Vietnam and Cambodia, I took all my finals and for the past few days been enjoying the company of my fellow exchange students before we all part ways next week. I will be heading to Delhi and surrounding areas in northern India before heading in Nepal on my biggest adventure yet. There's a chance I'll write more on the blog about Guangzhou, Chengdu, Vietnam, or Cambodia during my first few nights in India, but don't count on it. More likely, I'll get to tell you in person when I get home (Jan 7).

Thanks all for reading; I've had a lot of fun and hope you have too,
godspeed,
nech

No comments:

Post a Comment